- The book is very informative on nutrition and how what we eat affects our bodies. She goes into great detail on this, and it is very informative. The basis of the diet makes a lot of sense, and if you can follow it as directed you WILL lose weight. The first week is tough, but once you learn the foods you can and cannot each during each phase it becomes easier and easier. Eating out is nearly impossible unless you want to be the person that has to omit the majority of the ingredients from a dish. It can be done, but it is much easier to make your own meals. The recipes are delicious, and not too hard to make. The diet does require a lot of time for food prep, and you need to do that o be prepared for your day and not slip up. I did lose weight on this diet and I turn back to it when I need to reset again. (Nichole)
- Science, common sense, and counter intuitive thinking show you how to gain control of your metabolism, burn fat and lose weight so quickly you know this is the right way to live. I lost 2 belt notches the first 2 weeks, and my shirts that couldn’t close at the neck for the last 2 1/2 years, became closeable – and I could stick a finger inside my collar after buttoning the collar. Enough said. It works! (David Dietchman)
- Well written and easy to read and understand. Her approach is calculated, smart, and very relatable. I just started week 3 and already lost 7 pounds! This is the first thing that has helped me lose weight in 2 years! And I eat very healthy already along with a very active lifestyle and physical job. My body feels happy, energetic, and healthy! Finally losing, after trying everything. (Kathy Green)
- I am very pleased with the results of the diet. I have been on it now for two months. I am a senior woman with a bad knee so I cannot exercise as much as I would like buteven so, I have lost over 15 lbs. This is the first success in dieting for me so needless to say I am very happy. Being unable to walk long distances or do much in the way of physical exercise limits my ability to use up a lot of energy but the Fast Metabolism Diet has allowed me to wear my clothes with more comfort and to lose the excess weight that had accumulated over the past two years.
Thank you so much.
A happy dieter.” – Frieda H. Byrd
- This book has changed my life. I have had Lyme disease for 14 years. I was a total wreck with IBS and it increased the neurological symptoms. After a month on this NON diet, I felt such a relief and nueropathy decreased by half. Can’t say I like the Wednesday and Thursday days of only protein and veggies but the relief in symptoms is worth it !! As a side, l lost 12 Lbs in a month. I’m not that “fat”. Lol. But definitely could use the weight loss. I did not exercise either so I’m sure that didn’t help. I went on for another month. I’m waking now because I finally am not so fatigued. I will keep on it for the health benefits alone. ( Dawn Toboika)
- This is my miracle book. I’m following the instructions as closely as possible, and I’m loosing weight for the first time in years. All with good food, and with feeling like I’ve been eating enough, or some days, too much. I wish I had this book 5 years before I spent a ton of money on doctors, diet supplements, exercise classes etc. (Cathlene Burk)