Adderall review and side effects for cognitive enhancement | What are the natural alternatives?
Adderall is a central nervous system stimulant that is commonly prescribed to people suffering from Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) as well as narcolepsy.
Before even, explaining what ADHD is, and how this disease can restrain a person from living a normal life or not perform well in daily tasks, we must know that this disease affects the Central nervous system, mainly the BRAIN.
Knowing this, you can now understand the gravity of the problem!
The Brain, of course, is an amazing organ that controls all the functions of the body. All of us without the slightest doubt will agree that life is impossible, without a well functioning brain.
It not only drive the physiological functions of the body, rather it is also the centre of a person’s intelligence.
Intelligence, creativity, emotion, and memory are a few of the many things governed by the brain. Anyone’s personality, is reflection of the person’s brain.
Not only this, it also determines how we respond to stressful situations (such as taking a test, losing a job, or suffering an illness) by regulating our heart and breathing rate.
We will precisely talk about ADHD. How it actually impairs brain function?
ADHD is a chronic condition including attention difficulty, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. A person with ADHD has differences in brain development and brain activity that affect attention, the ability to sit still, and self-control.
It is the most commonly diagnosed disorder in children, might affect teens too.
Children affected with this are inattentive and hyperactive at times. They may difficulty in keeping pace with the world, since they cannot manage time and be organized like other normal people.
Prolonged, and untreated ADHD may lead to, low self esteem, depression, anxiety issues, mood swings and many more problems in daily life.
Medication is often used to help normalize brain activity. Stimulant medications Adderall, Adderall XR are commonly used
What is Adderal?
The drug is a combination of two stimulants, amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, which boost levels of the neurotransmitters that control hyperactivity and impulse control. When taken by people who have ADHD, this stimulation in the brain caused by Adderall has a calming effect, allowing the person to concentrate on the task at hand and calm behaviour.
Currently, there are two versions of the drug available: the “original” Adderall and Adderall XR (there are generic versions of both). The XR version, or extended release, is meant to mimic the effect of taking two doses of the drug four hours apart.
SHORT TERM advantages:
When used for short periods as prescribed by a physician, it has the positive effect of counteracting symptoms of ADHD. This happens by:
- Increasing the availability of certain neurotransmitters like norepinephrine and dopamine in the brain. These brain chemicals are responsible for boosting alertness, attention, and energy levels.
- Increasing the heart rate and the flow of blood to the muscles.
As a result of this, the use of the drug can cause feelings of energy and invigoration!
Up till now, you might be complacent about this drug, but is it actually in reality. But if you’ve been vigilant about health and an avid reader of newspapers, you might have heard about ‘Adderall abuse!’
Adderall, poses some serious health problems, if consumed long term. That is why it is sold, only on prescription, when there is a dire need for its consumption. Moreover doctors do not recommend it for long term usage.
LONG TERM Concerns:
There are risks using the drug ‘ADDERAL’ since it contains Amphetamine. This compound has a long list of side effects that it brings along with its use. It may produce unwanted symptoms like:
- Sleep difficulties
- Inability to concentrate
- Lack of motivation
- Thoughts of suicide
- Mood swings
- Panic attacks
- Heart disease
- Weight loss
Adderall ‘the wonder drug!’ Can we call it so?
What effect does Adderall have on people, who do not suffer from ADHD or Narcolepsy? It is not an irrelevant question at all, since people who never had any issues for which this drug is actually prescribed, have used it extensively.
All of us know that Adderall is NOOTROPIC! Nootropics, are cognitive enhancers which improve the cognitive and executive function of the brain.
People who were perfectly normal, used Adderall to OUTPERFORM! Those with perfectly normal abilities, who find it hard to do gruelling work, started using it as a stimulant, not worrying about the long term damage it could cause to their health.
“People think Adderall gives them an edge—and, if others are taking it and you aren’t, there’s a sense that you’ll be at a disadvantage,” says Anjan Chatterjee, M.D., a professor of neurology at the University of Pennsylvania.
Students in universities, people in creative professions and even career oriented mothers used this, to handle meticulously, all tasks that were at their disposal! It kept most people happy for the immediate results it gave to them.
So, it can aptly be called the ‘Wonder drug’ which has been used for:
- Increased Motivation to Work, Train, or Study
- Elevated Mood & reduction in negative thoughts
- Ability to Maintain Focus for extended periods
- Better Sleep Quality
- Unlock Creativity & reduce ‘Brain Fog‘
The Adderal trap!
Adderall works, it’s believed, by increasing levels of the neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine, making them more readily available in the brain. Dopamine helps control the brain’s reward and pleasure centres; norepinephrine affects parts of the brain involved with attention and decision making.
What happens, when you suddenly stop using it? Any normal person, who experienced extra cognitive abilities and sharpness, while being on adderall, becomes dependent on it. Since it acts as a stimulant, chances are you may become addicted to it. This might happen because now your brain will have to adjust to lower levels of neurotransmitters. Doing that same work without adderall might become, a massive burden for you, like it was never before! You might feel, it cannot be done without that drug.
So, it traps, making you compulsively dependent on it.
This DEPENDECY, paves the way for, long term serious health issues associated with the use of ‘Amphetamine’ containing drugs! We have listed them above for you.
This is why, its sale has been strictly regulated by FDA, such that it is sold on prescription only!
We, do not recommend you at all to use any ‘Amphetamine’ containing drug unless it is prescribed for a specific condition after being diagnosed by a doctor. More than your hard earned money, HEALTH is important in the long run.
We do, agree that one needs to fight cut throat competition, be it any area of work. Therefore, you cane use Nootropics (cognitive enhancers) that contain, completely natural, and tested ingredients, which do not pose any risk for side effects!
Adderall is not the end. You can give a boost to your cognition still, keeping your brain, happy and healthy!
EDITOR’S Note: Why we recommend ‘Brain Pill’ over Adderall? Adderall vs Brain Pill
We are living in the 21st century! A fast moving, dynamic world demands sharp and vigilant people, who are high on performance! What if, you’re not able to compete, even though you put in your best?
The answer doesn’t lie in a risky stimulant. This issue can be well solved, with a natural, brain function improving supplement and products that act like Adderall. We recommend the Brain Pill.
Nature does have the solution, for most of our problems, lest we find it with determination! There are foods that enhance brain health. Supplements are what you need, when you’re too immersed in your work such that you can’t pay attention on your diet, and do not include foods that enhance brain function.
About the Brain Pill:
Your search for a solution to improve brain function, achieve the mental focus you desire, or defy age related memory issues with Brain pill.
It is a Nootropic, a perfect cognitive enhancer that comes with natural ingredients, essential vitamins, minerals and proprietary blends that pose no side effects in the long run.
The brain pill, is a unique blend of many ingredients that work synergistically to improve brain function.
Among the major components are:
Citicoline – Cognizin® : A water-soluble compound found in every cell in the body for brain nutrition.
It increases* the levels of acetylcholine neurotransmitters, dopamine, and noradrenaline in the brain. These are neurotransmitters essential for brain functioning. Besides this, Cognizin maintains the functioning and stamina of neuronal cell membranes and enhance* energy production from the frontal cortex. With this, you will have increased mental reaction time, expanded focusing ability, improved* immediate and short-term verbal memory and augment the brain’s metabolism.
Synapsa: A patented and standardized extract of bacopa monnieri aimed at enhancing cognitive function and mental performance, by improving the power to process information.
Other ingredients in this formulation include Vinpocetine, Huperzine-A, Ginkgo Biloba, Pantothenic Acid or Vitamin B5, and other nutrients such as Vitamins B6, B9, and B12. Obtained from black pepper, BioPerine is also incorporated in the pill for encouraging synergistic action in the ingredients.
All the ingredients are known for their effectiveness to aid in cognitive function and being able to nourish the brain. You can visit the official website, to read about them, where you will, know that science testifies their efficacy.
How does it work?
There are numerous natural ingredients (mostly derived from plants) that have proven themselves across clinical studies for their ability to improve brain function. Brain pill is a result of these studies being implemented.
Extensive detail about the ingredients, scientific studies about their function and efficiency is provided on the official website of the product.
The answer to the efficiency of the product can most simply be stated as:
Ingredients used have the ability to stimulate the brain in ways that would otherwise not be possible. Apart from including brain health improving vitamins and other extracts it also uses proprietary blends which when ingested can actually induce the synthesis of neurotransmitters.
An increase in the level of neutotransmitters leads to enhanced attention, quicker processing of information, better decision making and sharpness that everyone craves for!
Benefits packed in a pill:
- Enhanced focus, even under pressure
- Better performance even after sleepless nights
- Lethargy will not come in your way to perform well
- Competitive advantage at solving complex problems
- Improved recalling ability
- Process information faster
- Better multitasking
- More vigilance
- Pushing up mental limits when needed
- Defy age related memory limitations
Ingenuity of the product:
BrainPill is created by Leading Edge Health, which is headquartered in the United States in Elizabethton, TN. This Canadian company claims to have over two decades of experience in producing natural products that “improve lives,” such as GenF20 Plus and the Skinception line of skincare products.
If you or anyone you know has faith, in any of the above mentioned products, then you may restore your faith in this cognitive enhancer too!
What a good brain supplement should contain?
The answer to this is lengthy, but with research that is readily available online, you will be able to judge the product for yourself. Most of the ingredients included in this pill, have been well researched, tested, and recommended for enhancing brain function.
We will cite them for you:
- Citicoline , extract of Bacopa monnieri, Vinpocetine, Huperzine-A, Ginkgo Biloba are some of them.
- Folic acid, vitamin B complex and amino acids like Tyrosine are also proven to be of great help to the brain.
Lots of supporting research about them is available. These are the ingredients which a ‘ good brain supplement’ should necessarily contain, and this one has it all!
One factor, that you should not overlook, is that this product does not contain Caffeine. It works as a stimulant but its regular high dose, may make you cut down your daily coffee intake.
Besides, this, it also has some side effects like elevated blood pressure, or increased heart rate.
Most of the brain supplements have it included. This product Brain Pill omits on caffeine, leaving you free to include or avoid coffee in your daily routine, as per your will!
Dr Dave David, a renowned physician, swears for the ingenuity and efficiency of the product.
No side effects of the product have been reported.
You might find the price relatively higher than some brain supplements, but the ingenuity and safety of the product is worth the price.
It is available at $76.99 for a one-month bottle supply, with well-promoted bulk purchase discounts on the website.
- A thorough research about the product’s ingredients themselves vouch for the efficiency of the product. The legitimacy of the manufacturing company and claims made by them are like an icing on the cake.
- We admit, that results experienced by individual’s may vary, despite the use of the most tested and acclaimed ingredients, so they provide a generous 67 days money back guarantee. If the product, in a rare case fails for you, you’re still not at loss!
Having said all that, we strongly recommend, ‘Brain pill’ over Adderall as a safe and highly potent alternative for enhanced mental performance.
Positive customer reviews on Adderall
- It works very well for me, many of the side effects are dissipating as I take it. I find that it loses its effects quickly as i started at 5 mg twice a day and within a week I was up to 10 mg twice a day, now it no longer gives me clarity or focus.
- It helps me stay focused on my work.is there anything else to take.
- …I am….24 year old female dealing with depression for 4 years. It began at 20 with a suicide attempt followed by hospital treatment. I was on numerous medicines from the same doctor….wellbutrin, paxil, and others, but not one single medicine worked. Fortunately, this doctor suggested regular adderall, which has worked wonderfully! I am prescribed 20 mg, has never felt better and is happy with all aspects of life.
- My problem with adderall is you tend to not feel the effect as much after a while of taking it. But if skip a day every now and then it helps. ADDERALL DEFINITLY HELPS ME!!!! 30 mg in am and 10mg at noon if needed.
- It has helped me concentrate alot better, I feel more calm and confidence. Can you imagine doing a 3 months project in 1 week and got an A out of it.
- Over the past few years I received extremely poor medical care in Portland, Oregon. My former physician and nurse practitioner in Oregon failed me. When I returned to Phoenix, AZ my caring, knowledgeable and outstanding physician and nurse practitioner based in Phoenix, Arizona recommended Adderall. This medicine has helped me a lot. It helps ne relax and focus a lot more.
- Adderall gave me my life back. I had tried a few anti-depressants, but they did not help much, so my psychologist suggested ritalin, then finally adderall. From the initial dose i instantly felt better. I was able to focus again, i regained interest in friends and activities, and once again excelled in school and work. Another effect was that i was eating less, but im not sure how much of that is from the side effect, and how much was me eating out of depression/boredom. I take a slightly higher dose than recommended, but only because my days are usually 15 hours long, since adderall only lasts a few hours ( unless you take extended release) my doctor and i decided on a 3 times a day schedule with the lowest effective dose.
- Adderall makes me feel normal. Without it I space out, have trouble prioritizing and getting around to doing what I need to do, and can’t function as an adult. Before I started taking it I would pick fights (arguments) in order to get my adrenalin to go up so I could do things. Now I’m even-keeled all day long (and have learnt to space out dosage through the day in order to be even-keeled). I never take more than what I’ve been prescribed (60mg) and depending on the day I can function well on as little as 40mg. This blue pill has changed my life. I’ve been on the same prescription for almost 20 years now. I once took too much and felt bad but it didn’t feel like a “high”. If I wanted to get high Aderall would be the last thing I would take, because all it does is to make me normal. Note I have the Inactive diagnosis of ADHD meaning I was never hyperactive. I retreated into my inner world and spaced out instead. Hope this helps others like me.
- Considerably Effective. Mild Side Effects. Reduced fatigue, increased concentration, focus, and motivation.
Negative Customer reviews on Adderall
- I’d end up getting little headaches sometimes an not sure why. Maybe need to drink more water an fluids and it’ll help. Sometimes couldn’t sleep. Lack of appetite. Really really horny while on the adderrall.
- When it wears off I crash and become very tired at work. When I don’t take or miss a pill my head fills heavy & cloudy. Just want to lay around not answer phone etc. For me it is like life feels like you don’t have a purpose. It really scares me, but when I don’t take before work I can’t focus or get organized. I feel stupid, some times I can’t speak my thoughts right. I’m am a manager over 8, afraid not to take it.
- I would love to get off this drug ASAP!!! Sever nausia, chronic abdominal pain, and constipation.
- This drug was a waste of time for me, it tricks me into believing im studying but i wasnt really processing anything. i have autism and bipolar so this drug will work whenever it feels like it, i ended up dancing to this stuff and crying when im off it. also ended up getting high at such low doses. stupid doctors think everyone has adhd who complains of day dreaming
- Keep in mind the side effects I listed INCLUDE overdose side effects. Also- those were collective, not just from my last 2 day binge. Side effects are often different each dosage I’ve collected all of the ones I’ve had: Excessive sweating, oily hands, light hyperthermia, dilated pupils, foggy brain, long-term memory errors, burping, weight loss, muscle stiffness, joint pain, dry mouth, thrush, butterfly rash on face, delusions, auditory hallucinations, eye focus problems, popping knuckles excessively, decreased sex drive, increased sex drive, increased socialness, increased obsessive thoughts, paranoia, irregular periods, mood swings, jaw clenching, abnormal aggressiveness, visual perception construed, having to pee, weird posture/sitting positions, vomiting, nausea, numbness of hands, panic attack, “meth mouth”, increased productivity, euphoria, sensitive teeth, racing thoughts, increased sense of well-being, sensitive to light, sensitive to sound, headache, dehydration, perception of time slowed, depersonalization, faint pulse, increased tics (mine being nail biting and hair pulling), serotonin syndrome.
- My 6 yr old son was prescribed this he has autism and adhd and it caused him to be uncontrollable, even bang his head up against the cement wall out of frustration. He normally loves taking a bath but after taking it, when he got his bath he just sat in the tub and screamed and cried so bad his face turned beet red. There was nothing that we could do to stop the aggression until he puked everywhere. He took 5mg 2 times (was prescribed 2 5mg tablets a day). Took for 1 day, flushing the rest down the toilet.
- This drug ruined my life. Apathy- I get no pleasure from anything anymore due to this drug frying the dopamine receptors in the brain. I have developed an anxiety disorder and paranoia directly because of this drug. In animals administering this drug only a few times permanently destroys 50-60% of your dopamine receptors. It also causes brain changes reminiscent of schizophrenia. Read the below articles if your interested. I can only recommend suing your doctor because Adderall is amphetamine/aka speed and should not be given to uninformed patients.